Information for Prospective Supporters
Thank you for participating in the UNC Charlotte, College of Engineering, Senior Design Program. We are pleased to work with your organization to help develop tomorrow’s engineers and technologists. As our program partner you will benefit from:
- the opportunity to initiate elective research projects
- collaboration with UNC Charlotte research faculty
- the design, analysis, testing and creative talent of students
- the creation of innovative and competitive products at a low cost
- the development of improved manufacturing or business processes
- access to world-class technical facilities (faculty experts, machine shops, specialized labs, and equipment)
- the opportunity to market and advertise your company
- the opportunity to interact with and recruit potential employees
- networking at the end-of-semester presentations and competition
- corporate name recognition
Read more about our program by viewing the Senior Design brochure.
Implementing Industry Supported Projects provides information on the implementation of a Senior Design Project. It also includes the expectations of the industry supporter during the project as well as the expectations of the students and the project faculty mentor.
We are currently soliciting commitments from companies interested in participating in the program for Fall 2024. Each company supporting a project is requested to complete the Fall 2024 Senior Design Project Input document.
The Senior Design Supporter Requirements includes the Project Description Form. For an example of this form completed by an industry supporter please click here https://isl.charlotte.edu/senior-design-program/project-examples.
Having trouble understanding what a project can consist of ? Check out the Senior Project Guidelines.
Each student must also sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement so that there are no industry secrets divulged in the student reports. If you have any questions concerning Non-Disclosure or Intellectual Property we are very flexible and willing to work with you.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions:
Director, Industrial Solutions Lab
William States Lee College of Engineering
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001